Business Mentor Opportunities
I am looking for more businesses and organizations within the Seneca Falls community to partner with the Mynderse Academy School-to-Career Program!
Please contact Kim Stevers to find out how you can help the high school students of Seneca Falls link their classroom learning with the real world!
What is expected of a job shadow mentor?
A job shadow mentor is a professional who hosts a student during a job shadow experience.
- Jointly establish goals and objectives for the day with the student
- Define areas of confidentiality with the student
- Share experiences and expertise
- Provide a safe working environment
- Provide opportunities for the student to observe associated careers within their interest
- Complete a student evaluation form
What types of careers are students interested in?
Everything!! The sky is the limit!
Here is a list of some of the career fields that our students are interested in:
- Athletic trainer
- Auto sales and restoration
- Clothing designer
- Computer programming/technology
- Culinary arts
- Education (all areas)
- Engineering (all types)
- Health and nutritional science
- Law enforcement (state troopers, police officers, park rangers, FBI)
- Machine/heavy equipment operation
- Medical (nursing, physician assistants, OBGYN, ER doctor)
- Physical therapy
- Sports management
- Video game design
Do you work in one of the fields listed above? Do you know someone who works in one of the career fields listed who might be willing to host a student shadow?
Please let me know if you or someone you know might be able to host one of our students for a shadowing opportunity. The more resources I have, the better experiences and opportunities I can provide to our students!
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Kimberly Stevers, School-to-Career Services Coordinator
Email Mrs. Stevers
315-568-5500 ext. 2155